Here at usrentacar.co.uk we offer a unique package that we call either the Platinum Package (if you’re over 25) or the Young Drivers Package Plus (if you’re 21-24). We launched it back in 2012 and its proved very popular.
The Platinum/Young Drivers Plus Package offers additional insurance not covered within the suppliers pre-paid packages including
- Excess top up: Total section limit is £2000.00 reimbursement for any physical loss or damage to the rental vehicles for which you are responsible under the terms of the vehicle rental agreement including;
- Physical damage to the windscreens, tyres and under carriage
- Towing costs relating to the loss or damage
- Lock out: If unintentionally locked out of the rental vehicle Halo Car Hire Insurance up to £100.00 to open the rental vehicle.
- Vehicle Key Replacement; Halo Car Hire Insurance will pay to replace a lost or stolen rental vehicle key, including replacement locks and locksmith charges up to a maximum of £300.00 for each and every claim.
This additional insurance level is not part of the suppliers contracting and you cannot prepay it through the supplier.
It is something that we organise here in the UK through a 3rd party. Its the reason we ask you to print off a separate insurance form located below your car rental voucher found in the customer section.
When you approach the suppliers locally to collect your vehicle, they will have no reference to your pre-purchased top up insurance due to the data protection act. As the guys on the desks work on commision they may even try to offer you their own version of this, some call it RoadSafe or Advanced RoadSide Protection, they generally charge $15.00 a day for it. You do not need to take this as you have already purchased this through us.
If you have purchased the Platinum Rate or the Young Drivers Package Plus and you sign locally for the suppliers additional insurance we will be unable to retrieve a refund for you for either packages.
Remember: Your pre-purchased insurance through usrentacar.co.uk is underwritten by a UK company and the supplier is not notified of this insurance. The insurance though is completely valid.