It seemed only a matter of time that other suppliers would follow Alamo Rent A Car’s lead and introduce a one way rental fee for pick up’s from the San Francisco area. A one way rental is any rental where the vehicle is returned to a different location than the one its collected from.
What we understand here at U.S. Rent A Car is that all suppliers are having difficulties keeping up with the demand of hires taking place in the San Francisco area, and when vehicles are then dropped off at a different location those vehicles are removed from the San Francisco allocation.
We hope that this new surcharge will only affect peak season bookings going forward, however as you can see from the information below provided by Hertz Dollar Thrifty no end date is sighted. This new one way rental charge applies to all Dollar and Thrifty bookings regardless of where the booking is made and affects anyone who sells Dollar and Thrifty including booking directly.
Due to fleet restrictions and strong demand for one way rentals, we will introduce a new one way fee for rentals collecting from the San Francisco area and returning to Southern California and Las Vegas valid for rentals from 1st August 2014.
This fee will be applicable on all rentals, all rate products and all vehicles from all source-markets. This fee will remain in place until further notice. Please see below the specific rental and return locations.
Rentals collecting from SFO SFD SJC OAK and returning to LAX SAN LAS ONT SNA PSP BUR LGB will incur a one way fee of $450.00 payable locally and subject to taxes and fees.
Rentals collecting from SFOT SFDT SJCT OAKT and returning to LAXT SANT LAST ONTT SNAT PSPT BURT LGBT will incur a one way fee of $450.00 payable locally and subject to taxes and fees.
This new fee will not apply to bookings made before the 01/08/14 which is a relief. We hope that the charge will only apply over peak season but as you can see the information we have received doesn’t confirm when the charge will end.
We’ll keep you updated when we know more.
- This Is How I Think Hertz Will Use Dollar & Thrifty Hi all, The buzz around the Hertz Dollar Rent A...
- Are Hertz Closer To Buying Dollar Thrifty Than We Thought? Hi all, Amazing!! Two days in a row and I’m...
- Finally The Deal Is Done Hertz Complete Deal To Purchase Dollar Thrifty Hi all, It’s official; finally Hertz have confirmed the purchase...
- Letter From Dollar Thrifty To Hertz And Avis Budget Hi all, Last week Dollar Thrifty sent a letter to...
- Some Interesting Points From The Hertz Dollar Thrifty Deal Hi all, Hopefully the longest, drawn out takeover of all...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.