Back in 2012 Dollar Rent A Car were one of the only suppliers that required customers on our Silver rate to pre-purchase their fuel upon arrival. Customer’s rightly didn’t like this as airport petrol prices can be more expensive than from a station.
Therefore after a lot of badgering from ourselves, they amended their fuel policy and introduced a new ruling in August. This fuel policy required the customer to purchase the prepaid fuel from the supplier as usual however the customer could receive a full refund if they produced proof of a receipt from a petrol station within 10 miles of the airport showing the car to be refuelled fully.
Customers reacted warmly to this new policy and its been running successfully for just under half a year but both ourselves and Dollar weren’t totally satisfied. With 2014 approaching and Hertz very firmly in the driving seat (excuse pun) Dollar Rent A Car took another look at their petrol policy and have decided to revise it once again. This time I think they’ve got it spot on!
So as of the 01/01/2014, any customer collecting a Dollar Rent A Car vehicle booked with us, on our silver rate will not be required to pre-purchase their first tank of fuel on pick up. The vehicle will be collected with a full tank of petrol (or close to full) and the vehicle must then be returned at the same level. Failure to return the vehicle at the same level will result in a charge to your card for the fuel and a small service surcharge.
The prepaid fuel option locally will still be made available to customers and Dollar point out that the prepaid option does have its benefits;
- Saves time upon return
- All charges on one receipt
- No having to stop to purchase gas on return
Here at U.S. Rent A Car we’re just happy that Dollar have introduced a much easier and customer friendly way to petrol. We definitely believe this has been influenced by Hertz and hope this continues.
- Dollar And Thrifty Rent A Car Finally Amend Fuel Policy Hi all, For over a year we’ve been asking, shouting...
- Alamo Rent A Car Listen To Our Concerns And Change Fuelling Policy Hi all, Good news from Alamo Rent A Car today. After...
- How Dollar Rent A Car Locations May Look In The Future Hi all, Since Hertz purchased Dollar Thrifty last year I’ve been...
- Dollar Rent A Car Move To Non-Smoking Car Hire USA Fleet Hi all, As of the 04/01/2011 Dollar Rent A Car...
- Why Can Petrol Be More Expensive When Purchased From The Supplier? Hi all, Most Car Hire USA supplier’s; if they haven’t...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.