Seems a long time ago that I wrote about Miami International Airport spending Billions on a new car rental facility but area has been up for a few years now and has received nothing but plaudits for its easy and service.
Well now it looks like another Florida airport is looking to build one of their own. Tampa International Airport received approval on the 4th April to build its own conrac location at the cost of $2.5 Billion.
The new facility would be based approximately 1.3 miles away from Tampa Airport and would mean all car rental desks would be removed from the arrivals hall freeing up additional space for the airport.
Plans to build a monorail to and from the car rental locations is also in place and the area would look to also include further airport parking, a hotel and a restaurant.
The project is set to be completed by 2017, I have yet to see confirmation if any additional tax will be levied to car rental suppliers to help fund the project.
I’ll keep you all posted.
- Boston International Airport The Next Airport To Get A Consolidated Car Rental Facility Hi all, From a press release dated the 16/02/12 the...
- Tampa International Airport Considers Car Rental Charge Hi all, The company that runs Tampa International Airport will...
- Consolidated USA Car Rental Facility Opens In Miami Miami International has unveiled its new consolidated rental car garage,...
- Alamo Rent A Car Move On Site At Tampa International Airport Hi all, As some of you may probably know already...
- Orlando International Airport completes rental car areas About 96 percent of all the rental cars available at...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.