I’ve had a fun week of looking through our 2012 statistics, yesterday I posted about the most popular vehicles collected in the USA and previous to that I posted regarding the most popular pick up locations in America.
One of the questions we are asked quite a lot is “which car rental package do people normally take?”
Here at U.S. Rent A Car we offer 3 car rental packages Silver, Gold and Platinum.
Silver Rates (inclusive)
- Unlimited Mileage.
- Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) which is a combination insurance of both Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) and Theft Waiver. As long as you adhere to the rental policy of the supplier you will not be held responsible for the cost of replacement or repair to your hire vehicle.
- Uninsured Motorist Protection (UMP) up to $1m Liability Cover. Offers an Uninsured/Underinsured/Hit-and-Run Motorist Protection (UMP) that provides the renter and family members travelling together in the rented vehicle with up to $1,000,000 of non-stacked coverage for bodily injury sustained while driving the rental car, and caused by another driver who has no insurance, minimal insurance, or is a hit-and-run driver.
- Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI) up to $1m Liability Cover. All drivers included on the rental agreement will not be held liable for third party claims for bodily injury or property damage resulting from an accident.
- Basic Roadside Assistance
- All Taxes and Airport Fees.
Budget Rent A Car include 1 additional driver free of charge within their fully Silver Rate. Additional driver must be spouse.
Sixt Rent A Car include 1 additional driver free of charge within their Silver Rate
All our suppliers include 1 additional driver free of charge when collecting in California.
If our Gold Rate is purchased in addition to the Silver rate inclusions your first tank of petrol will be included (excluding All Alamo Manhattan Locations and San Francisco downtown locations) and extend the insurance to accommodate additional drivers.
- Alamo Rent A Car Gold covers up to 9 additional drivers over 25. (Alamo Gold only available for rentals of 4 days or more)
- Budget Rent A Car Gold covers all additional drivers over 25.
- Dollar Rent A Car Gold covers all additional drivers over 25. (Dollar Gold only available on rentals for 4 days or more)
- National Car Rental Gold Gold covers up to 3 additional drivers over 25. (National Gold only available for rentals of 4 days or more)
- Thrifty Rent A Car Â Gold covers all additional drivers over 25 (Thrifty Gold only includes fuel when rental is for 4 days or more)
- Sixt Rent A Car Â Gold covers all additional drivers over 25
If our Platinum Rate is purchased (where available) in addition to the Silver and Gold rate features you will also be covered for the following.
Reimbursement for any physical loss or damage to the Rental Vehicle for which You are responsible under the terms of the Vehicle Rental Agreement, including: (Total section limit: GBP 2,000.00)
- Physical damage to windscreens, tyres, and undercarriage.
- Towing costs relating to the loss or damage.
If unintentionally locked out of the Rental Vehicle.
- Our supplier will pay up to GBP 100.00 to open the Rental Vehicle.
Pay to replace a lost or stolen Rental Vehicle key, including replacement locks and locksmith.
- charges up to a maximum of GBP 300.00 for each and every claim.
Please note that the additional Platinum insurance is exclusive to usrentacar.co.uk and is not provided directly with the supplier but through our third part insurers, for more details please see our terms.
So, which should I select?
I’ve been able to look at the 2012 statistics to determine the number of customers who select each car rental package and break it down in to a percentage result.
Silver – 21%
Gold – 45%
Platinum – 34%
As you can see the GOLD rate comes out just on top, for the sake of transparency its important to point out that the Gold and Platinum rate are not available with some supplier for rentals under 4 days, it is also worth pointing out that the Platinum rate was only introduced in April of this year and is not available on all vehicles.
The additional drivers and first tank of fuel does work out to be a much better deal than purchasing these locally and customers are savvy enough to know this. Looking back at 2011 stat’s the Gold rate was the most popular then as well beating Silver by over 20%.
Which package do you take?
- We’ve Got Silver, Gold and Now Platinum!!! Hi all, One of the biggest changes to the new...
- Our Platinum Rate Vs Competitors Rates Hi all, I think I’ve written this line over a...
- Alamo Rent A Car Issue One Way Rental Alteration And Gold Rate Amendment Hi all, Alamo were doing so well this week, on...
- What Is The Difference Between Our Inclusive And Gold Rates Hi all, Car hire insurance in the USA can be...
- Platinum Discount For The Diamond Jubilee Promo Code jub10 Hi all, Unless you live in a bubble you’ll be...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.