Amazing!! Two days in a row and I’m not talking about the redesign, so you know something must have caught my attention…and it has…
Yesterday we spoke about the Hertz quarter 1 results and the effect they could have on future inbound business, well buried within the full report which can be viewed here were some very direct wording in regards to Hertz’s marathon pursuit of Dollar Rent A Car
Within the forward statement to investors was this little nugget
Among other items, such factors could include: our ability to obtain regulatory approval for and to consummate an acquisition of Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group; the risk that expected synergies, operational efficiencies and cost savings from a Dollar Thrifty acquisition may not be fully realized or realized within the expected time frame; the operational and profitability impact of divestitures that may be required to be undertaken to secure regulatory approval for an acquisition of Dollar Thrifty;
So Hertz are stating to investors that the acquisition of Dollar Thrifty could have an impact on their 2012 profit as they slimline the organisation, also looking at the report you can see a substantial amount has been spent on Acquisition related costs.
So popping on my deerstalker, I’m going to assume the following
- Hertz will shortly announce an agreement with the FTC regarding the purchase of Dollar Thrifty.
- We will see a fresh Hertz bid for Dollar Thrifty this quarter.
- Hertz have found a buyer for Advantage Rent A Car (their value brand).
Now I’m no Sherlock Holmes but I’m pretty confident when I say Dollar Thrifty will become part of Hertz this year and I’m going to take a guess that either Sixt Rent A Car or Fox Rent A Car will be the new owners of Advantage Rent A Car.
What do you think?
- Letter From Dollar Thrifty To Hertz And Avis Budget Hi all, Last week Dollar Thrifty sent a letter to...
- Hertz Make New Bid For Dollar Thrifty Hi all, The soap opera that has become the race...
- What’s The Hold Up With The Dollar Thrifty Deal? Hi all, News has been pretty scant on the proposed...
- Avis Budget’s Response To Hertz’s Comments Over Dollar Thrifty Tweet Hi all, Interesting statement from Avis Budget today -...
- Avis Budget Withdraw Bid For Dollar Thrifty Group Hi all, Breaking news this evening regarding the Dollar Thrifty...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.